Elsa Health The Elsa Health Assistant is an android application that can be deployed with healthcare providers across levels of care to collect information on patients signs, symptoms, and risk factors. Paired with Elsa's Symptom Assessment algorithms, healthcare providers use the application to get insights on the likely cause of a patients symptoms.
The application supports English and Swahili and has been tested with users across the healthcare cadre spectrum for usability.
Elsa Health as an organization is commited to equal access to healthcare for all. We do this the best way we know how, by building technologies to augment the capacity and skills of decision makers (healthcare workers, governments, researchrs, parents, guardians, and individuals) to support optimal decision making. Disease should be a thing of the past
- Support developers of health technologies to quickly adopt our technology for their own deployment needs
- Ensure Africa and her specific diseases are included when symptom assessment is being performed.
- Allow developers from all over the world to include African (currently only East African) diseases and their presentations.
- Grow a community of humans that want to leverage technology to make better health decision making is available everywhere technology can reach.
This project is Android only, and support for ios application is not prioritized at all. If you are interested in supporting iOS, please submit a pull request and we would be happy to merge it!Install the requirements
- Install React Native on your local machine: Instructions here
- Install Typescript on your machine: Instructions here
- Clone the repo:
git clone email@example.com:Elsa-Health/elsa-providers.git
- Change directories into this project: cd path/to/folder
yarnto install the project dependencies, this could take a few minutes
yarn android && yarn startto start the app on your connected (android only) device or emulator
ContributionWe love your input! We want to make contributing to this project as easy and transparent as possible, whether it's:
- Reporting a bug
- Discussing the current state of the code
- Submitting a fix
- Proposing new features
- Becoming a maintainer
This work would not be possible without the generous support and guidance from our funders, mentors and partners.